Reliable delivery to the British Forces post office addresses
- This service is available to purchase from Post Office® branches. The price you pay is based on the weight of the parcel
What you can send
- You’ll be amazed by how many things you can send with BFPO services. If you’re unsure, check here
Size and weight
- Maximum weight of 30kg, except HM Ships (BFPO 200 – 499) where the maximum weight is 11kg, all operations are restricted to 2kg. BFPO 5000 – 6000 is limited to 10kg.
- There are two parcel size limits as follows:
- Standard: maximum length is 1.05m and maximum length and girth combined is 2m.
- Premium*: maximum length is 1.5m and maximum length and maximum combined is 3m
- The Premium* parcel size is only available to the following locations, to and from BFPO 19, 26, 44, 46, 109 and 140. The Premium parcel size can only be sent one way to BPFO 53, 57,58 59 and 655, there is no return service for Premium parcels from these locations
- For HM Ships BFPO’s 200-499 the maximum length is 1.05m and maximum length and girth combined is 2m.
*Premium maximum size has limited availability. Please check www.gov.uk/bfpo for full details
Packaging and address
- For help on how to correctly package and address your parcel, read our comprehensive packaging guidelines
Parcel sending options
- These services are only available from Post Office® branches or from one of our depots
- No delivery speed guarantee is available as time will depend on exact stationing of unit
- Tracking available from collection up to point of departure from the UK (none overseas for security reasons).
- We won’t charge you if we need to redirect your parcel to a new location
- The cost includes £100 maximum compensation should your parcel be lost or damaged. You are able to extend your compensation cover.